The Quorum Court is the legislative body of Lincoln County comprised of elected Justices of the Peace.
The Quorum Court has these duties:
- Levy of taxes in manner prescribed by law.
- Appropriate public funds for the expenses of the county in a manner prescribed by ordinance.
- Preserve the peace and order and secure freedom from dangerous or noxious activities; provided, however, that no act may be declared a felony.
- For any public purpose, contract, or join with another county, or with any political subdivision or with the United States.
- Create, consolidate, separate, revise, or abandon any elected office or offices except during the term thereof; provided, however, that a majority of those voting on the question at a general election have approved said action.
- Fix the number and compensation of deputies and county employees.
- Fix the compensation of each county officer with a minimum and maximum to be determined by law.
- Fill vacancies in elected county offices.
- Provide for any service or performance of any function relating to county affairs.
- Exercise other powers, not inconsistent with law, necessary for effective administration of authorized services and functions.