Noitce of Bid
NOTICE OF BID
LINCOLN COUNTY will take bids on the following:
Dated this 4th day of July 2018
ITEM: Replace Wooden Bridge #21438 located on Jasper Road with concrete structural bridge.
Specifications: Concrete Structure
55 ft inch length x 16 ft. wide
Concrete abutments and concrete head walls
Heavy Rebar (cages and abutment support)
Concrete decks securely fastened to headwall and middle pier
County will provide equipment for dirt work around bridge.
Lincoln County will accept the lowest bid submitted if it meets all specifications. However, Lincoln County reserves the right to reject any and all bids. Bids must be sealed. Bids may be delivered to Lincoln County Judge’s Office, 300 South Drew Street, Star City, Ar. 71667 on or before July 13, 2018. Bid opening will be held on Friday, July 13th, at 2:00 p.m. in the County Judge’s Office.
Tony Cathey Auction
Tony Cathey Auction
JUNE 2ND AT 8:45 A.M.
Lincoln County Auction:
Road Shop Equipment:
1998 CHEVY BLAZER #1GNDT13WOW2261969
1994 FORD TRUCK VIN# 1FTDF15TXRLB67174
Sheriff Department Equipment:
2004 FORD CROWN VICK VIN# 2FAHP71W24X167628
2006 FORD CROWN VICK VIN# 2FAHP71W96X136878
2003 FORD CROWN VICK VIN# 2FAHP71W83X194452
2007 FORD CROWN VICK VIN# 2FAHP71W77X114041
2007 FORD CROWN VICK VIN# 2FAHP71W27X159632
1998 JEEP CHEROKEE VIN# 1J4F128SXW6206694
12,000 POUND BUMPER AND WENCH
Lincoln County has 5 acres of mostly pine timber for sale.
Bidders must have Auto Insurance, General Liability and Workers Comp.
Sealed bids may be submitted to Lincoln County Judges’ office,
300 South Drew Street Rm 100, Star City, AR 71667
Bid opening will be held on Friday, June 8th, at 4:30 p.m. in
the County Judge’s Office.
Lincoln County reserves the right to refuse any and all bids.
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC:
ALEXANDER ROAD & HWY 212 INTERSECTION approximately 100' down Alexander will be CLOSED TO ALL THRAFFIC ON Thursday, May 17 for road pipe installation.
Men at Work will be present. Please plan to Detour this area. NO TRAFFIC WILL BE ALLOWED THRU FOR ANY REASON.
1% Jail Sales Tax
JAIL 1% SALES TAX FACTS
ELECTION ON MAY 22, 2018
● 4,744 square feet
● 18 bed total, cannot hold women
● 2017 Sales Tax $625,000.00 goes into county general
● Current Jail budget: $509,000.00
● Paying average of $40 per women a day to house women in local counties.
● County has numerous warrants for female that aren’t served due to limited female holding facilities.
24 HOUR JAIL
● Projected Jail Budget: $540,000.00
●18 bed total, cannot hold women
● Housing prisoners outside Lincoln County estimated $569,320.00 per year.
● Estimated Mileage: $49,060.00 per year
● Extra miles and depreciation of county vehicles
● To meet jail standards estimated cost is $3.5 to $4 million dollars for old jail.
● To operate first year as a 24-hour facility will cost county estimated $1,253,119.22.
● An average of 4 trips to take prisoners to and from jail and court.
● Transporting prisoners to and from medical facilities.
● Officers will be out of the county unable to perform duties when transporting prisoners.
PROPOSED NEW JAIL
● 14,000 square feet
● 42 beds total, flexible pods to hold up to 20 women
● 5/8 or .625% of 1% sales tax will pay for construction ($390,000.00) per year
● The 5/8 of the 1% sales tax will end when jail bonds are paid off (estimated 20 to 25 years)
● 3/8 or .375% of 1% sales tax pay for maintenance and operations ($234,375.00) per year
● Estimated Jail Cost: 6 million dollars
● Available beds space to rent to other counties will bring income to Lincoln County.
● Project Life for new jail is 50 years.
Lincoln County Road Department
The storms during the past months have caused major damage to some of the county road system and the bridges. Please be patient as we continue to repair these roads and continue to maintain others.
Please notify the Road Department of any issues with the County Roads. The office manager at the Road Department updates the list daily (the most hazardous have top priority) and the Road Department is working to get all roads repaired and graded.
Thank you for your understanding.
ALEXANDER ROAD CLOSED
Alexander Road will be CLOSED Thursday, March 15th for pipe installation starting at 7:30 am. until installation has been completed. The area that will be closed is approximately 1.5 miles north of Alexander and Autumn Hills Intersection. No Traffic will be allowed THRU for ANY Reason.
Lincoln County Recycling
~~Lincoln County Recycling Center
At the Lincoln County Recycling Center we can accept the following:
3. News paper
7. Electronic Equipment
8. Metal Items
Items that are not allowed:
2. Yard waste
3. Building Materials
Recycel Center open on the 2nd Saturday of Each Month from June 9th - October 13th.
Call to schedule a pick up for furniture or appliances.