REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS-AGENCY CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT
~~REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
Agency Construction Management
Lincoln County Jail
January 12, 2018
In accordance with A.C.A. 19-11-801-805, et seq. Lincoln County, Arkansas, is requesting statements of qualifications for the construction of an approximately 40-45 bed county jail facility. Construction budget will be approximately (6) million and may will be entirely new construction. Written statements of qualifications will not be considered if received later than 4:30 p.m. on January 31, 2018
As used in this section, “construction management” means a project delivery method based on an agreement in which a political subdivision acquires from a construction entity a series of services that include, but are not limited to, design review, scheduling, cost control, value engineering, constructability evaluation, preparation and coordination of bid packages, and construction administration.
Agency construction management, is defined in which a construction manager is hired to serve as an agent for the purpose of providing administration and management services. The construction manager agent shall not hold subcontracts for the project or provide project bonding for the project.
Written responses should contain the following information. However, in accordance with A.C.A. 19-11-801 competitive bidding shall not be used for the procurement of professional services and respondents submitting cost data in response to this RFQ will be disqualified from the selection process.
1. Contact Information including telephone and email for the company contact
2. Firm profile and history
3. The Firm’s current resources
4. The specialized experience and technical competence of the firm with respect to the type of professional services required – specific to correctional facilities
5. The capacity and capability of the firm to perform the work in question, including specialized services, within the time limitations fixed for the completion of the project
6. The past record of performance of the firm with respect to such factors as control of costs, quality of work, and ability to meet schedules and deadlines
7. Qualifications and approach to Pre-construction services, including:
a. Estimating and budget adherence
b. Value analysis
c. Sustainable Construction and Life-Cycle Analysis
e. Constructability reviews
f. Bid package development
g. Identification and ordering of materials with long lead-time
h. Development and solicitation of sub-contractor and supplier interest
i. Design review and support
8. Qualifications and approach to Construction-phase services, including:
a. Ability to meet the schedule for occupying the new facilities
b. Cost control
c. Job-site coordination
d. Change order management
e. Quality Control, close-out process and warranty programs
f. Site control and safety
9. Proof of insurance and State of Arkansas Contractor’s License
10. References, including current and past clients.
Please send five copies of the response to: Lincoln County Judges Office, Attention Charles Capps, 300 S. Drew Street, Room 100, Star City, Arkansas 71667.